Town Planning Officer
Electronics City Industrial Township Authority (ELCITA) invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Town Planning Officer (TPO). Candidate should be a graduate in architecture or civil engineering with 15 or more years of work experience in the areas of building plan approvals & license, and commencement, completion & building occupancy certificates. Must be a go-getter who can effectively deal with multiple stakeholders in government and private sector with maturity to achieve results. Knowledge of Kannada is essential. Candidate is expected to be thorough in byelaws of Bangalore Development Authority (BDA).
Last date for receipt of applications with CV and supporting documents : 23-08-2021 before 5PM – email id : email@example.com
Job Location: Bengaluru
Employment terms: The normal terms of appointment are a contract of one year, renewal every year with total emoluments (CTC) at par with industry
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), ELCITA
- Define a model Township with world-class facilities, working closely with the sub-committees and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance to applicable by-laws by all the industries and establishments within the Township
- Set benchmarks for the delivery of services and publish the data
- Approval of building plan and license as per applicable building bye-laws
- Issue of Khatha, commencement certificate, occupancy certificate, and any other documents, as the applicable building bye-laws
- Communicate with the industries and establishments for any change in the policy or process, related to applicable by-laws
- Interface with the industries for any questions and clarifications related to compliance and approvals
- Establish and maintain a three-dimensional data of all the buildings and common infrastructure within the Township, and use the same for all the planning and approvals
- Digitise and automate the processes.
- Bachelors’ or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture or equivalent.
- Good understanding of town planning, zoning of land use, the applicable building bye-laws, and other regulations.
- Good analytical skills with good articulation and technical capability, with emphasis on the usage of modern and innovative techniques adopting IT
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Municipality Act and other applicable laws. Candidate is expected to be thorough in byelaws of Bangalore Development Authority (BDA), Revised Master Plan 2015 & Revised Master Plan 2015 (Amendment) Regulation 2019 issued by the Bangalore Develop Authority, and the Guidelines incorporated in the GoK Industrial Policy 2014 – 2019.
- Knowledge of Kannada is essential.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills matching the aspirations of modern and progressive electronics & software companies.
- Passionate about ELCITA’s success; ‘Not just a job’.
- Must be a go-getter who can effectively deal with multiple stakeholders in government and private sector with maturity to achieve results.
- Ideation – Able to think creatively, innovatively and create breakthrough initiatives and service quality for members at ELCITA
- Team player – Open to multiple ideas, views
- Collaborative – should be able to take people along – needs to work with the CEO, Management Committee, sub-committees, and the staff, to execute on the plan effectively and efficiently.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in the areas of town planning and related technology
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Scrutiny of applications and approving the undermentioned, subject to receipt of all relevant documents and adherence to relevant bye laws:
- Building plan approvals and license
- Commencement certificate and completion certificates for buildings
- Occupancy certificates
- Maintenance of proper records
- Having an up to date understanding of relevant laws and regulations on the subject
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements
- Any other task assigned by the CEO and COO
Main Objectives & Detailed Activities:
Objectives of Town Planning include managing the current requirements of the Township and planning for the future. ELCITA has adopted the Zoning of Land Use & Regulations incorporated in the Revised Master Plan 2015 & Revised Master Plan 2015 (Amendment) Regulation 2019 issued by the Bangalore Develop Authority & the Guidelines incorporated in the GoK Industrial Policy 2014 – 2019 for carrying out the following functions & duties.
BDA Building Bye laws have been customised for ELCITA Building Bye laws and the document can be referred for detailed understanding bye laws and development of buildings. Applicable rates for building license, Commencement Certificate, Occupancy Certificate, etc. is as per BBMP rates.
Regulation of Construction / Re-construction / Alteration of any Building shall require a building licence from the Authority. For the Regulation & Construction of any building the following parameters are being adopted:-
- For approval of building plan and licence for Site area 12,000 Sq m for Non -residential activities.
- For building plan and licence in Development Plans approved by BDA / KIADB / KEONICS
- For Commencement Certificates & Occupancy Certificates
- For actions against buildings constructed without obtaining valid sanction or constructed in contravention to Sanction plans / Building Bye-laws.
- Trade Licence
Trade License is a requirement for the following:-
- All food articles including spices, condiments storing, packing or manufacturing / sale.
- Milk & Milk products – storing and sale
- Meat of all kinds, Aerated water, Alcohol and Spirits – storage & sale.
- Hotels, Restaurants, boarding & lodging, marriage halls convention centres, nursing homes and hospitals
- Non – food items such as Construction materials, etc.
- Khata Registration, Transfer, Bifurcation and Amalgamation
- Any other matters when the need arises.