Position: Purchase Manager
ELCITA invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Purchase Manager. We are looking for an experienced Purchase Manager to handle ELCITA’s procurement activities.
The Purchase Manager’s responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies in confirmation with the procurement policy guidelines, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities. The Purchase Manager should be able to manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes. He/she should have excellent leadership abilities and be able to negotiate the best possible deals with suppliers.
The eligible candidates can apply for the post through the prescribed format and detailed CV to Electronics City Industrial Township Authority (ELCITA). Application Forms can be downloaded from here.
Suitable candidates may apply by sharing their CV and completed form by email to email@example.com.
Last date for receipt of applications with CV and supporting documents: 20-07-2021 before, 5 PM
Job Description: Purchase Manager
Job Location – Bengaluru
Type – Full-Time on Contract
- Developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
- Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Managing the maintenance of office/manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
- Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
- Prepare contracts in consonance with the relevant procurement acts and rules.
- Contract management
Purchase Manager Requirements:
- Graduate in any discipline, preferably in Civil / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- A Postgraduate degree/diploma in business administration is desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a Purchase Manager or in a similar position in handling procurement and contracts.
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Must be thorough with the KTPP Act and e-tendering process of the Government of Karnataka.
- Proven ability to draft and manage contracts effectively.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Kannada is essential.