Job Openings for System Administrator
To administer all the Information Technology (IT) systems in Electronics City Township Authority (ELCITA) and provide high availability of all hardware and software while ensuring foolproof cyber security.
Goal will be to ensure that our ELCITA office and Smart City infrastructure run smoothly, securely and efficiently to reach world class work standards of a cognitive city.
Scope of Work:
Installing and configuring software, Active Directory, MS Office, hardware and networks, Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues, Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure, ISO 27001 Certification completion, handling internet ILL, Broadband, Wi-Fi, LAN, EPABX, and Video Conferencing (both software and hardware).
System Administrator has to maintain and manage software applications like PLO, OASIS, I-Connect etc and related hardware and networks. He should be capable of independently troubleshooting servers and client machines.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. He should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. Also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams/ users as well as vendors and their engineers/ technicians.
- Install and configure software and hardware on server, client system, if required.
- Active Directory control.
- Coordination with Firewall Technical Support, Microsoft Technical Support, Gsuite Technical Support, HPE Server Technical support, Matrix Technical support, internet service providers technical support, VC equipment Technical support, AMC coordination for Audio Visual equipments, Computers / Servers / Laptops, EPABX, Firewall, Network equipment.
- Troubleshoot servers, smart applications, other office automation software.
- Manage network servers and technology tools like LoRA, GPON etc.
- Mail, mail servers, configurations,
- Assist in implementation of ITMS, ISMS, ISO 27001 standards.
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science & Engineering/ Information Technology/ Information Systems/Electronics & Communication Engineering or MCA
- Proven relevant experience of 3 years or more as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security e.g. intrusion detection systems, VAPT
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms (windows and Linux are must)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working level fluency in Kannada
The eligible candidates can apply for the post through the prescribed format and detailed CV to Electronics City Industrial Township Authority (ELCITA). Application Forms can be downloaded from here.
Suitable candidates may apply by sharing their CV and completed form by email to email@example.com.