Engineering Operations Manager
Electronics City Industrial Township Authority (ELCITA) invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Engineering Operations Manager. Candidate should be a graduate in civil or electrical or mechanical engineering with 15 or more years of work experience in maintenance of civil, electrical and mechanical infrastructure in a township or large projects. Must be a go-getter who can effectively deal with multiple stakeholders in government and private sector with maturity to achieve results.
Development Authority (BDA).
Last date for receipt of applications with CV and supporting documents : 23-08-2021 before 5PM – email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Bengaluru
Employment terms: The normal terms of appointment are a contract of one year, renewal every year with total emoluments (CTC) at par with industry
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer (COO)/ Chief Executive Officer (CEO), ELCITA
- Bachelors’ or Master’s degree in in civil or electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Good understanding of township maintenance and estate management including roads, street lights, drainage, water supply and waste management.
- Good analytical skills with good articulation and technical capability, with emphasis on the usage of modern and innovative techniques adopting IT
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Municipality Act and other applicable laws and the Guidelines incorporated in the GoK Industrial Policy 2014 – 2019.
- Knowledge of Kannada is essential.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills matching the aspirations of modern and progressive electronics & software companies.
- Passionate about ELCITA’s success; ‘Not just a job’.
- Must be a go-getter who can effectively deal with multiple stakeholders in government and private sector with maturity to achieve results.
- Ideation – Able to think creatively, innovatively and create breakthrough initiatives and service quality for members at ELCITA
- Team player – Open to multiple ideas, views
- Collaborative – should be able to take people along – needs to work with the COO, CEO, Management Committee, sub-committees, and the staff, to plan and execute effectively and efficiently.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in the areas of township maintenance and related technology
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Act as the Operations Manager of the Estate.
- Overlook the maintenance aspects of:
- Civil Engineering works
- Electrical Engineering works
- STP and Solid waste Management
- Overseeing planning and execution of all maintenance works for the points listed above
- Plan, organize, oversee and supervise all construction maintenance projects from start to finish.
- Ensure all construction and maintenance works are completed in a timely and efficient manner without exceeding budget.
- Monitor the Obtaining permits, statutory approvals and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction/ maintenance operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines are met
- Procure equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports and progress charts
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Any other task assigned by the CEO and COO