Looking for a Purchasing Manager
ELCITA invites applications from candidates for the position of Materials Manager. The candidate should be a qualified Degree in Civil / Electrical Engineering with business administration or a related field with 10 years relevant experience. Knowledge of Kannada reading and writing is compulsory. Preference will be given to those who know south Indian language. Detailed Job Description is given below:
The Purchasing Manager’s responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies in confirmation with the procurement policy guidelines, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities.
To be successful as a Purchasing Manager you should be able to manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes. An outstanding Purchasing Manager should have excellent leadership abilities and be able to negotiate the best possible deals with suppliers.
The eligible candidates can apply for the post through the prescribed format along with detailed CV, to “Electronics City Industrial Township Authority.” CV and filled in form also be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copy by post to:
Electronics City Industrial Township Authority,
No. 7(P), West phase,
Electronics city, Bangalore – 560100
Application Forms can be downloaded from here.
Job Location – Bengaluru
Type – Full-Time
Purchasing Manager Job Responsibilities:
• Developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
• Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
• Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
• Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
• Managing the maintenance of office/manufacturing equipment and machinery.
• Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
• Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
• Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
• Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
• Prepare contracts in consonance with the relevant procurement acts and rules.
• Ensure contract management
Purchasing Manager Requirements:
• Degree in Civil / Electrical Engineering with business administration or a related field.
• Experience as a Purchasing Manager or in a similar position.
• Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
• Supervisory and management experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently.