Looking for a Chief Operating Officer and Executive Engineer
Elcita invites applications from candidates with BE/BTech (Civil) having relevant experience and passion for developing Industrial township area for the post of Chief Operating Officer (Chief Engineer), ELCITA. The eligible candidates can apply for the post through the prescribed format along with detailed CV, to “Electronics City Industrial Township Authority” on or before 20th October 2019. CV and filled in form can be sent by email to email@example.com; and hard copies by post to CSO, ELCITA at the address given above. Detailed job description is available at www.elcita.in
Application Forms can be downloaded from here
Qualification: B.E./B.Tech. Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering (1st Class or equivalent) from a recognized and nationally reputed Institute/University; at least 15 years’ experience in the following areas: Planning, design, estimation, tendering, contract management, execution, mechanization, construction, billing, certification etc. of Works involving, but not limited to, urban infrastructure, waste management, water management and streetlight management using IoT. Should be capable of leading a team of engineers, guide them to follow the right processes and ensure transparency in all activities.
The role of the COO of ELCITA is to perform professional and administrative work overseeing the engineering, planning and zoning functions for the Township; coordinates projects with the Public Works Department of Government of Karnataka.
Education – Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil or construction engineering.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering or related field preferred.
Work experience – A minimum of Fifteen (15) years of civil engineering or other related experience required.
Experience of working with the Public Works department and knowledge of PWD including approval processes would be a bonus.
The candidate must have experience in the following areas –
Planning, design, estimation, tendering, contract management, execution, mechanization, construction, billing, certification etc. of works involving, but not limited to, urban infrastructure consisting of water supply, drainage, sewerage, sanitary and sewer systems, roads, bridges, street lights, electrical system, firefighting systems, parks, buildings, institutional buildings and area development, etc.
Reports to – CEO of ELCITA
Department – Engineering
Application process – The eligible candidates can apply for the post through the prescribed format along with a detailed CV,along with copies of relevant documents to “Electronics City Industrial Township Authority”
Last date of receipt of applications – October 20, 2019
- Download the application:
- Send the fully filled form to firstname.lastname@example.org and post hard copies along with CV and self attested photo copies of relevant documents to the address below:
Electronics City Industrial Township Authority
7(P), ELCIA Complex, Electronics City,
Bengaluru – 560 100
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering as applied to the development and construction of public works projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of urban planning.
- Ability to plan projects and prepare related designs, estimates, and specifications.
- Ability to perform engineering computations, and to make comprehensive recommendations on engineering problems and planning.
- Ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of subordinates.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with township officials, employees, contractors, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, orally and in writing; ability to prepare and present cost reports. Certifications.
Essential functions –
- Review all subdivision and land development plan submissions to ELCITA for compliance with engineering, planning and zoning objectives and make recommendations to Town Planning Committee and ELCITA Council.
- Oversee the subdivision and land development plan review process, tracking it through Town Planning Committee and ELCITA Council actions and township recording.
- Review and inspect activities related to engineering for projects by township contractors, subdivision and land development work by constituents, and any improvements prior to acceptance by the Township Authority
- Responsible for developing and maintenance of a comprehensive stormwater management plan within the Township. Review subdivision and land development plans for compliance with stormwater management ordinances.
- Coordinate work with State, UDD and other local agencies as it pertains to engineering, construction, and planning.
- Oversee traffic engineering studies and transportation development review by consulting engineers.
- Prepare Town Planning Committee agendas with the Senior Manager, Town planning and Estate and attend Town Planning Committee meetings and oversees the preparation of minutes.
- In coordination with the CEO, prepares specifications for equipment, material, and projects.
- Prepare a variety of technical reports and gives presentations of the same as required.
- Serve as liaison with the public, developers and consulting engineers.
- Participate in a weekly executive staff meeting with the Manager and other department heads and coordinates interdepartmental issues on a team approach.
- In conjunction with the CEO, CSO and Accounts Superintendent assists with the preparation and monitoring of the Township’s annual budget and capital improvements plan.
- Attend council meetings and participates in matters related to engineering, planning, and zoning.
- Serve as a technical representative for Township on regional committees such as at the Transportation Committee and Regional Stormwater Management Committee.
- Registration of Contractors in different categories as per stipulated norms
- Preparation and approval of tenders documents to invite tenders from contractors for execution of works, sale of documents to eligible contractors, Receipt, opening and evaluation of tenders.
- Finalization of tenders, awarding of contracts and entering into an agreement with the contractors.
- Responsible for the supervision, annual review, and discipline of all department employees.
- Investigate public complaints or concerns relative to roads, traffic, drainage, and other matters. Coordinates with the Project team on recommendations, design, and implementation of remedial improvements.
- Provide technical assistance to the Estate Management Team with maintenance and new construction projects related to road maintenance, drainage and stormwater, bridges, parks, and buildings.
- Assist with matters related to the Industrial Township Water Management planning, as needed.
- Oversee zoning site plan reviews to ensure compliance with engineering standards.
- Oversee right-of-way inspections of sidewalks and utility construction.
- Oversee the preparation and review of ordinance revisions and, when approved by Council, the codification of these ordinances into the Township Code.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment –
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes moderate to high.
- Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
- The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.