Toll plaza upgrading in Electronics City phase-1
1. Government of Karnataka has accorded a special sanction for the construction of a new toll plaza in electronics City (EC) Phase-1. Side view of the proposed toll plaza is attached for reference.
2. The work, which involves complete demolition of the existing toll plaza and construction of a state-of-the-art toll plaza, will begin on 19 Mar 2021 and is expected to be completed by 30 Jun 2021. As a result, there will be no direct access between the elevated highway and EC-1 during this period.
3. Seven alternate routes are available for diversion of traffic between EC-1 and Bengaluru city as under:-
a. Bidirectional traffic along the NICE road.
b. Bidirectional traffic along the surface road of NH7 to Central Silk Board (CSB) junction.
c. Bidirectional traffic along Bettadasapura to Bannerghatta Road.
d. Incoming traffic to EC-1 from CSB junction on Elevated Highway (EH) via EC-2.
e. Outgoing traffic from EC Phase-1 to CSB junction on EH to be diverted via Petrol Pump along the following routes:-
i. Right Turn at SBI junction – left turn at RS Junction- Petrol Pump- NH7
ii. Right Turn at Paramount Junction- RS Junction- Petrol Pump-NH7
iii. Right Turn at 3M Junction- RS Junction- Petrol Pump-NH7
4. SBI Junction – RS Junction stretch will be made one-way during evening peak hours to smoothen the flow. A temporary link road is planned from Petrol Pump to NH7 and will be constructed soon.
5. Efforts are on to provide an entry to the EH for outbound traffic from EC-1, about 50 meters behind the existing Toll Plaza, within 15 days.
6. Additional marshals will be provided to EC Traffic Police to regulate traffic, but more cooperation and self-discipline are expected from drivers during this period.
7. Requesting you to communicate this with all employees and associates and ask them to cooperate.